Imani Jewelry Coordinator USA (for your state)
This internship/volunteer position in the USA is an exciting opportunity to change the world right from your own home. You will be helping women in Uganda who are escaping the sex-industry and beginning a new life through counseling and employment. Your job would be to focus on receiving jewelry, tracking inventory, labeling, and shipping all our Imani products, marketing and state-side sales and distribution. You will directly be involved in improving these women's lives and rebuilding their dignity. Current states we need help are VA, CA, and TX but we are willing to expand based on where you are!
To contribute to the growth of Imani through: shipping and handling products, developing distribution channels with stores for Imani products, growing the level of awareness for Imani, developing wholesale relationships with stores and distributors, and updating social media in order to allow Imani to pay our women fair trade wages and hire more women in need.
1 related program: Imani JewelryApply Online
- Track, label, sort, all incoming and outgoing inventory for Imani; Update website store inventory
- Ship all purchased items out to customers with tags in a timely manner
- Capture all payments processed through online store
- Fulfill and Close orders which are finished
- Ship jewelry out for Bead Parties and advertise for Bead Parties
- Answer questions/inquiry emails concerning Bead Parties
- Customer Satisfaction: Contact customers if items are out of stock; Email customers back if they have questions
- Facilitate communication between Imani's Intern in Uganda, Marketing Manager, and the head of Zion Project.
- College Graduate
- Mature, Christian faith
- Positive, engaging personality
- Organized; detail oriented
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Self-motivated- can organize and complete tasks with little direction
- Business/Administrative skills
- Computer skills—excel, facebook, etc
- Skills needed to keep track inventory- computer programs (Excel)
- Flexible, good with conflict resolution
- Commitment to Imani's mission. At least one year.
- Business/Economics Background
- Experience in Sales/Distribution
- Connection to retailers/wholesalers/boutiques